Friday, May 1, 2009

Catching up....


We have been so busy lately. I started my last class of my degree...I have about 4 more weeks!! I'm so ready to be done with these classes. Since my last post we have been to my mom and dad's house in TN, the girls got sick, and we are redoing our back yard.

We went to my parent's house a while back. We had a lot of fun! My Grandmother got to come up and see the girls too. It has been a while since they had seen them. My mom hasn't seen them since right before Brea started crawling. We really didn't do much..We went to buy them some clothes for summer, took their dog, Boozer, to the lake, and got to see my Aunt Judy and Aunt Bonita as well as my little cousin, Kyle. We had a great time! Here are a few pictures of our stay. You can also see other pictures on our web site.... Just click HERE...









Right when we got back Brea got sick. We took her to the doctor and he told us it was bronchitis. He gave her medicine and she was back to normal the next day.

Just this past Monday Christa started running a 102 temperature. We gave her Tylenol and cool bath and it seemed to come down. A while later it went back up. This was Sunday night. Monday morning it came back up to 102 and with the help of Tylenol it came back down. She slept just about all day long! We called the doctor that morning and they said they couldn't take her until tomorrow (Tues). Later that evening Charlemagne had to take his boys to their track meet so it was just me and the girls. Christa hit her all time high in temperature, 103.1!!!! So I took her to the emergency room. They gave her Tylenol & Motrin and did a strep test everything came back negative. So they sent us home. Let me tell you, our hospital is the smallest in the world..haha..just kidding but really I don't trust them..I only go to them if it is an emergency and the doctors office isn't open. Anyways, we took Christa to the doc on Tuesday morning. He did that flu test and it came back negative...So he said it was bronchitis and he gave us the same meds he gave Brea...We came home and she slept all day again! I called and gave them an update and he wanted to see her. I took her back on Wed. and he got a chest x-ray done. She has pneumonia. Just a small case of it in two places. That scared me so bad! So he gave her a shot and put her on med. She has been herself ever since. It is amazing how your mom instincts kick in when you kids are sick. I knew something was wrong and it was not bronchitis like he said the first time.

During all this Charlemagne is on spring break this week so since we couldn't go to Montgomery we decided to fix our back yard up and make the girls a little play area. I will post before and after pictures when we get done. We got a couple more things to do and we will be done..It is looking great!

Other things the girls are doing are:

Christa: Saying no when you tell her to do something. I think her terrible twos is continuing. She is so funny sometimes. When she hears other people call me TJ, she will start to call me that. And her new word is "Heavy". Her bag was heavy when we went to church Sunday so I told her it was heavy and to be careful. So ever since then she finds something she can't pick up, like the vacuums, and make the grunting noise and say "Momma, it heavy". She is to funny!

Brea: is staring to take the roughness of her sister. I saw them rolling around in the floor last weekend and Bre was just laughing. Of course I don't let her get to rough. She is also moving all over the house and standing holding on to stuff. She can cruse but would rather get in the floor and crawl to it. It can also reach on our night stands and tables now to pull things off. She is growing so fast! She is also eating solid food if it is mashed up. She loves Goldfish crackers too...

This is to catch up on everything we have done. I will post when we get our back yard done which will be soon..so stay tuned...

And one more thing..If you haven't already, DON'T FORGET TO SEND UNCLE PETEY A CARD...he is doing really good...To view updates on him you can click on my friend, Brooke's web site...


No comments: