Saturday, June 13, 2009

quick catch up and some pics

Ok..Here is a quick catch up on what we have been doing..
I am officially out of school. All I have left is my student teaching which will probably happen in Jan/Feb. I am so ready to get this paper so I can get a job...I have started my volleyball workouts the first of June. They have been going pretty good. It is amazing how the girls are out of shape and after about two weeks of conditioning they are getting better...
Charlemagne is out of school for the summer but is so busy with basketball. The season is never over. He has been practicing every night and playing about once to twice a week. He says he's going to stop after this week but we will see about that. He said he needs a break...lol..A break to him is about two days then he is back to work...
Brea is still the same. She will take about 4-6 steps then get lazy and crawl until she is about two steps away from what she wants. Then she will stand up again and take the 2 steps. I am so ready for her to start walking..She is such a momma's girl and always wants to hold on to me.

Christa is still in her terrible twos...haha...I have been working on potty training her but it is not working...Although one day she was in the tub and told me she had to go potty. She got out and actually sat on the pot and peed...I couldn't believe it..That was the only time though...

She is also little miss independent! The other day she thought she would take it upon herself to get something to drink. Of all things, Kool aid was sitting on the counter. As I was getting ready to go somewhere she pulled the chair to the counter, got a cup, and poured kool aid ALL OVER the floor and counter!!! I had to mop 5 or 6 times and it is still a little sticky...Oh and speaking of kool aid..she wanted to make some one day so she pulled the chair up and got the packets, opened them and poured them in the container..she then got a spoon and tried to stir..She then had to come and get me to say "drink"....This girl is such a handful!!!!
The only place we have went this summer was to my parents house in TN because my cousin got married. Saturday we went to the wedding. Sunday we just hung around the house and played in the pool. Even my dad got in the pool with Christa..Here are some pictures from that wonderful sunny day...You can also see all the pictures on our web site http://lifeofagibbons.shutterfly.com/random
Brea always smiling
Christa, Brea, & Nana enjoying their time in the pool

Brea enjoying the out doors


Christa & Pappy..What they do for their grandkids
Our summer is full of trips...Me and the girls are leaving for our yearly Myrtle Beach Trip next week (Fri 19th) We are coming back on Saturday (27th)..That next week we might take a trip to Montgomery. This time with Charlemagne. In Georgia this is known as the dead week in sports so no one can have any type of practices. This is the perfect time for our gettaway. After that me and my neighbor is taking a trip to Phoenix and Las Vegas with NO kids!!! This will actually be my first trip without the girls...I'm so ready! We are leaving on the 10th to phoenix. Flying out of phoenix on the 12th and flying back home from Vegas on the 15th.
Busy, Busy, Busy....This is our life:) Until next time...take care!





1 comment:

Kiera said...

Fun Times! I love summer! So are you coaching a HS vball team, or what? That's exciting and yay for almost being done! yOu go girl! Your girls are absolutely precious!!